Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Only Radio Money Show You Should Listen Too

Lately I've been experiementing with Podcasting. Podcasting is basically the ability of anyone to create their own internet radio program. I'll be posting podcasts to my new website once I'm finished with it and I'll be commenting on news events and doing educational content, just like I do here on my blog.

In my research on how to do a good podcast (online or downloadable radio show) I found a radio show called "Sound Investing". "Sound Investing" is a weekly radio show/podcast that anyone can download to their computer, ipod, or mp3 and listen to at their leisure. I've listened to a lot of radio shows, everthing from Maverick Investing (give me a break) to Suze Orman ("you go, girlfriend"), yet none of them are really that good. They just don't educate you on what you really need to know about investing, or investing correctly.

"Sound Investing" is hosted by Merriman Capital, a group of Investment Advisors out of Seattle, Washington that I admire and respect. They manage money similar to the way I manage money and thus we have a common bond.

Though I believe my podcasts will be great and you should listen to them as often as you can once I make them available, I also think you should listen to "Sound Investing" as a supplement to what I'll be doing. I don't want to re-invent the wheel and I don't have the resources or the time that Merriman does to produce such an excellence podcast, thus I am recommending to you that you listen to it.

I know what your thinking...Scott, why would I listen to a competitor of yours? Why would you refer to a competitor's show as "The Only Radio Money Show You Should Listen Too"?

The answer is simple, my passion is for people to become educated about investing and financial planning and I can't do it all on my own. When I find honest, respectable, intelligent people who do a great job, I want you to hear what they say, it can only enhance your life and thus my own.

I am not saying that you should move your accounts to Merriman......I'd still like to be your advisor and will work my tail end off to be the best, but do listen to "Sound Investing" every chance you get, you'll not regret it.

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP

P.S. Merriman Capital doesn't pay me a dime to promote their webcasts!