Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is Unused Home Equity a "Missed Fortune"?

Is Unused Home Equity a "Missed Fortune"?

A professor at Wharton responds to a question for a "financial advisor" about the "Missed Fortune" concept. This is worth your time.

If you're unfamiliar with the Missed Fortune concept I'll be posting more on it later, probably even a podcast. There is so much misinformation about utilizing your home equity to invest that I think it is important to clearly lay out the facts. In presentations I've seen lately the one thing missing are facts.

Don't be lured by someone who stands to gain a substantial amount of money by selling you products to maxinimize your mortgage. While I don't completely discount the concept, I also don't believe it will work for most people.

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP, AIF