Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 Conventional Wisdom

I'm not making any predictions about 2009, but I will say that recent predictions that I've been reading regarding 2009 are giving me a small reason to be upbeat. It isn't what you think. I can find few economists or financial "guru's" who are upbeat about 2009...and that is exactly why 2009 just might turn out to be o.k. Conventional wisdom is usually wrong. Again, 2009 might turn out to be a stinker and its certainly the safe opinion to be bearish, but just remember that all of these same guru's (well 99% of them) were completely wrong about 2008 and never predicted what actually happened.

The great philosopher Yoda once said "Difficult to predict. Always in motion, the future is." He couldn't have been more right.

So there it is, 2009 may or may not turn out to be a good year, and no, you shouldn't be worried that I'm quoting from a non-existent alien philosopher.

Scott Dauenhauer CFP, MSFP, AIF