Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Vacation & New Home

I will be on vacation from July 20th through August 6th. I will be checking e-mail and voicemail, but don't expect any quick responses - I'll be focusing on the beautiful Caribbean!

On a separate note, I moved my family to Murrieta California. Orange County home prices were just to out of control for me to want to purchase something. We were able to build a 3,000 sq. ft. home on a big lot for less than the price of a condo in Orange County. Don't panic, I am not leaving the O.C. I will still make my way into the OC once or twice a week to meet with my wonderful clients. I will still be available to all of you and I am not closing my office in Laguna Hills, it will remain open (though I may end up sharing it with somebody)!

So far even with the heat we love it out here in Murrieta. We live on a cul-de-sac and my son has about a dozen friends he can play with at any one time! So far three neighbors are putting in pools and I suspect a couple others will as well.....this is great because it means I don't have to spend MY money on a pool!!

What really amazes me is that we paid less per sq. ft of living space for this home than we did our townhome five years ago in Aliso Viejo. I am of the opinion that OC prices are simply to high, maybe they won't crash, but it is doubtful they will continue at anywhere near the pace of the past few years........of course what do I know, I have been wrong about real estate for past two years now!

Best wishes to all, I'll be checking e-mail and voicemail while sailing on the Caribbean, just don't expect any quick responses!!

Scott